Submission Guidelines for Voices on the Wind
- Work submitted must be the original poetry of the person submitting it.
- Free verse is preferred. However, contemporary rhyming poetry and traditional forms will also be considered.
- Please submit a maximum of three poems at a time. Poems of forty lines or less are preferred, but full consideration
will be given to longer works.
- Please submit poems only as attached MS Word, WordPerfect, or Rich Text Format files, by the submission deadlines
of October 20, January 20, April 20 or July 20.
- Poems should be in 12 point Arial font, and formatted exactly as the poet wishes the poem to appear on the screen.
- The name, address, phone, and email address of the poet should appear in the left top corner of each page of poetry.
The line count and the volume for which the poem is submitted should appear on the top right corner of the first page of
the poem. The poet should also send a brief bio and recent photo in .jpg format as attached files with the submission.
- Poetry submitted should relate to the theme of the specific volume for which it is submitted. Please check Themes
for Future Issues before submitting.
- Poets whose work is accepted for a particular volume will be notified by email before the publication date, usually
by the 25th of the month. Revisions to poems, except for those initiated by the editor, will NOT be considered after
- The poet retains all rights to his/her work. There is no payment for poems published.
- Mail all submitted materials as attached files to Leslie Clark. Subject line of the
email should be "Submission."